``

Friday 21 October 2016

Croxton Aqueduct Friday 21 October 2016

When I looked out this morning I couldn’t see the other side of the canal, it was all covered in a blanket of thick mist. I still was feeling bad so it was some time before I crawled out of bed, even for me.

We finally set of at quarter past eleven on a clear sunny day without a breath of wind. Just before Wincham Wharf we passed this little boat, i can’t ever remember it not being here and wonder if it a full length one shortened as a work boat or was it built like this for some reason.DSCF6201

The Tata plant was steaming well as we came through, DSCF6207

I had intended to post a photograph of this boat before, I don’t know if he has the same number of panels on the other side as DSCF6210this. There are even panels inside some of the windows and on the front of the cabin facing into the cratch.

There is a new marina planed for this section of the Trent and Mersey canal on one of the flashes to be called Oakfield Marina, today it was home for rather a lot of geese.DSCF6212You may have read that I fancy mooring at Bramble Cuttings, we today wasn’t going to be that day, they had a work camp thereDSCF6214 this weekend so it was a bit full, so we carried on to moor just before Croxton Aqueduct, it seems that this is the third aqueduct on this spot and is now only wide enough for Narrow Beam craft. Once moored we went for a short walk to get my back moving again and found some nice apple trees growing on the old landfill site, this now not only has walks but picnic tables, however the notices tell you to keep on the path and no naked lights, so leave the BBQ at home.

Today’s Journey  map 6 7½ miles in 2¾ hours.

No comments: