``

Sunday 3 January 2016

Acton Trussell Sunday 3 January 2016

After a reasonable night we woke to the rain, well it was forecast for the whole day.

We set off in full waterproofs at about quarter to eleven dropping down to Penkridge lock where we filled with water, just above the service moor is a long length of private moorings, this sign amused me, but then I am easily pleased.DSCF1142

It was here that I almost had my first swim of the year, putting the water hose away I stood on the bow rope which rolled my foot and almost pitched me off the fore deck.

Not only was it raining but all the locks were against us as we pushed on. The M6 motorway is quite close for the next few miles and its not until you are above Acton Trussell that it veers away so we continued on mooring between Acton Trussell and Deptmore Lock.

Today’s Journey  map 14

4 miles, 5 locks in 2½ hours and it rained every inch of the way.

No comments: