``

Friday 12 April 2013

Friday 12 April 2013 Denver Sluice

It was twenty to five before we were ready to set from the moorings. I decided to reverse back to the junction, which wasn’t quite as easy as I expected due to, a bit of a cross wind, a slight S bend, travelling with the flow and plastic boats moored on both banks of the river. It took me 10 minutes to reach the junction with the Great Ouse. Needless to say my arrival coincided exactly with the arrival of a cruiser travelling up stream, the only boat we were to see on the move until after we had moored up for the night. The rain held off and we even had some sun to take the edge of the cold wind. As we made our way down stream to Denver we passed two Swan nests, one with eggs and the other with a Swan sitting, I also saw my first Swallow of the season skimming over the water.

There were a few boats moored at Denver, one of which was there when we came through a fortnight ago. Not long after mooring at ten past six another Narrowboat arrived looking for somewhere to moor so I shuffled forward as far as I could and the boat behind went the other way and we just squeezed the Late arrival in between us.

2 comments:

Baz Juniper said...

New map system works a treat, Brian - much better than the previous one. I might even get the hang of these mysterious far eastern waterways.

Brian and Diana on NB Harnser said...

Thanks Baz